ATTENTION CHECK CARD AND ATM CARDHOLDERS: You can use the following numbers to :
Activate your new card: 1-800-216-4223
Change your PIN number: 1-800-851-4859
To list your card as lost or stolen: 1-800-528-2273
HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO HELP PREVENT BEING A VICTIM OF “PHISHING”
“Phishing” is a new internet threat whereby emails and Web sites try to coax unsuspecting people into revealing personal and/or financial information. Often it urges you to “confirm” personal or account information. A Web page might look like it belongs to a legitimate financial institution. A Web site may also contain an urgent message that lures you into thinking your PC is infected and you need to click on a link to “protect yourself”. Meanwhile, it's actually downloading a program that captures personal information from your PC and sends it off somewhere.
ID Theft Precautionary Measures
1. Do Not give out financial information over the phone – checking, savings, retirement, credit card numbers, personal information such as mother's maiden name and date of birth, or your Social Security number (SSN) – unless you initiate the call and know the person or organization you’re dealing with. Remember: most cellular phones can be monitored.
2. Walk away from any company that doesn’t clearly state its name, physical street address, and telephone number. Do not trust them if all they have is a website or PO Box.
3. Do Not pre-print your drivers license number, telephone number, or SSN on your checks.
4. When making a purchase, Do Not give your SSN or credit card numbers to write on checks. Your license number is all they will need.
5. Do Not use your SSN as your driver’s license number. If they have your SSN, drivers license, and date of birth; they have the 3 major pieces of identification needed to assume your identity quickly and easily.
6. Do Not carry your SSN card with you; you rarely need it.
7. Report lost or stolen checks immediately and review new check supplies to make sure none have been stolen while in transit.
8. Store cancelled checks, new checks, bank statements, and other financial or medical information in a secure place.
9. Guard your personal identification numbers (PIN) for your ATM and credit cards and Do Not write your PIN on your cards or keep it on you.
10. Select complicated passwords or PINS, they may be harder to remember but are also harder for potential thieves to figure out.
11. If you receive financial information that you are not interested in, such as pre-approved credit cards and balance transfer checks, tear them up or shred them before throwing them away. They are coded in your name and can be used in your name.
12. Shred or make unreadable anything that has your name and information on it.
13. Guard your ATM and credit card receipts, and match them to your statements each month. Also take your receipts from the ATM terminals or Gas Pumps, etc. Thieves can use them to get access your account.
14. Review your bills and statements. If they include suspicious items, investigate them immediately to head off any potential fraud and limit the exposure.
15. Do Not put outgoing mail in or on your mailbox; drop it into a secure official postal service collection box. Thieves can use your mail to steal your identity and may change your address to accommodate their needs.
16. If your bills do not reach you, call the company to find out why. Someone may have filed a false change of address notice to avert your information to a fraudulent address.
17. Email is Not secure; Do Not enter account numbers, SSN’s, etc. into e-mail correspondence. Also look for the lock or other security signs or notices on any electronic banking or E-retail sites.
18. You can call 1-888-567-8688 (Credit Reporting Industry’s Opt Out) and ask that your name be removed from prescreened credit card lists. You should see a drop in solicitation mail.
Equal Housing Lender
NOTICE: Fidelity Bank is not responsible for and has no control over the subject matter, content, information, or graphics of the web sites that have links here. The weather and stock features are being provided by an outside source - The bank is not responsible for the content. Stocks are provided for informational purposes only and may be delayed by 15 or 20 minutes. Stocks are NOT intended for trading purposes. Please contact us with any concerns or comments.
* Stocks are NOT a bank deposit, NOT guaranteed by the bank or any Federal Government Agency, NOT FDIC-Insured, and MAY lose value.
|©2014 Fidelity Bank. All rights reserved. Website powered by ProfitStars.|